Wednesday, January 12, 2011

THE LAST WORD...


THE LAST WORD
A FICTION STORY
We were friends from the very prime age as if from the sperm itself. And we were so intimate that we used to share feelings, everything and even bed. The only thing that divided us was our private organs. But to the rest we are even now the same as past. And now it has become twenty one years and both finished our Graduation. As our discipline was same we used to read separate but our interaction was more than our reading or the studies. That was a great fun. I liked her and she also liked me very much, of course. We used to talk about other partners and joke or try to do the same with each other but it was not possible to love because we did not think like that.
Once in real, it was her 15th birthday, she was in deed looking so gorgeous that I had lost my sense of intimate friendship and smelled some sort of liking-ness of her within me. Of course, she too was awaiting me desperately as the most awaited scene in the film’s story, or as like the most awaited movement when there was about to declare some like new political practice, or like the awaited passion by the bridegroom from the bride while in the first night of the marriage-“Honeymoon”. Well, I was there with coat and tie, quite handsome with a gift to her in the hand- a bunch of roses and a golden colored watch. She was waiting for me to blow off the burning candles in front of her and slice the cake and pop in to her mouth by me. I wonder how such beautiful feelings flew inside her heart for me though in the presence of all, parents and close relatives- she was waiting for me. I came with cheerful face and got to set myself for her overwhelming charm on the occasion, in my presence she blew off the fifteen burning candles and than called my name to chop the cake, little apportioned it and pop in her mouth with the help of mine. A princess with the cake which I fed her made me so elated that I could not resist with my eyes remained without tears.
Later on, in the park we became alone and than she asked for her birthday gift. I kneeled down with my left knee down and the right one slightly up and raised my right arm high enough to reach near her breast which was in the course of boom slowly and gradually. She too looked down towards me with a majestic smile and same sort of pose as if she was the royal highness. Her wide open lips in the pride of friendship made me grow to adore her in my arms, and than I happened to say with a huge courage, “I wish you accepting this birthday gift to you, dear piece of heart.” She gladly admired my style of conveying, accepted and than sat near me. I slowly made her lie towards me and asked what she was feeling at the moment. The same tone of friendship and some sort that resembled a flame of love in the heart of both made it even difficult to breathe and go pass time with the high pounding heart.
I uttered soft- “Asmee, I love you so much.” I want to marry you, will you marry me?” She stood up. I saw her expression, she starred at me as if I have done so huge mistake that at once  something’s gonna come and ruin all what we have in the world or the stars gonna grow big to smash us both. And than she became calm to think, I placed me near her to know what she was thinking or perhaps to listen her words on my first ever proposal. She denied me with tears shedding in her beautiful fish eyes, and the reason was a mystery to even me, her best friend. I remained with the answers unexplored, though while the time passed as usual to us in the remaining years and remaining birthdays.
Resumed sense of friendship made both of us as easier as we were earlier and as intimate of the past as well. Same bold nature and the same fun, everything went fine even passing with such affections on each other, I don’t know why, and she didn’t even uttered what I wanted. That was all about the incident happened between Asmee and me in her festive like celebration on her birthday.
        It was the first week of December and we used to go to a stadium for jogging. And on Sunday while we were jogging she said to me,
”Hey, I could not run any longer; see my legs going crazy.’’
But I, I just gigged and ran further ignoring what she was saying. And after a while presuming my sense I turned to her but she was already fallen in the ground. So I ran to her but till then she had become stiff and her eyes were just about to close; her lips were stumbling heavily and her nose inflating. I could not stop tears rolling heavily as if there was an ocean of tears behind it. I could not judge what to do and my mind went short circuiting. Within seconds I called an Ambulance, then her father. She was already fainted until we reached the emergency ward of the hospital. It was really late when her check-up started. Really it was late. I did not know when my friend stopped breathing, when the last breathe was exhaled. And before a while in such a short span of time she once said to me-
‘’Jeev, I love you….’’
 To which I just nodded and took my sight away for emergency as I was also trembling.
        But, I realize now that it was not a part of joke we used to crack and say I love you to each other, in fact that was a reality which she uttered in intense care from her delightful heart and from her last breathe-the last voice-the last word. But still the mystery never remained unturned to me while in her denial; and her appraisal at this stage of life now, while she was in the course to fight with her own life to come into the earth and live with me.
        I could not close my ears with both the hands which were free before fainting when someone near me with white dress spoke out softly……………………………..sorry, she is dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment